As Walt Disney World debuts a new Mary Poppins Returns-themed restaurant, Aaron joins his close friends Albert Gutierrez and Jonathan Harvill for a DEEP dive into the 2018 movie musical starring Emily Blunt and Lin-Manuel Miranda. Their conversation was recorded in early 2019 but is only debuting now.
In this, the first of a multi-part discussion, On Main Street shares general impressions of the film and considers some of its biggest criticisms. (The next episode will look closely at each of the movie’s songs.)
Total Runtime — 46 minutes
AS HEARD IN THIS EPISODE
- Vanity Fair article defending Mary Poppins Returns
- Aaron’s review of Hamilton for BroadwayWorld
- Follow Jonathan Harvill on Twitter
- Follow Albert Gutierrez on Twitter, check out his Three CommentEars Disney audio commentary series, and visit his blog: Alby Seeing You
SUPPORT THE SHOW
- Please leave a written review for On Main Street with Aaron Wallace on iTunes!
- Check out Aaron’s book series, The Thinking Fan’s Guide to Walt Disney, with books available on Magic Kingdom, Epcot, and the movie Hocus Pocus. Or get signed copies here.
- Have you read one of Aaron’s books? Leave a review on Amazon and/or GoodReads!
- Be sure to “like” the podcast on Facebook!
- While you’re there, “like” The Thinking Fan’s Guide on Facebook too!
CONTACT THE SHOW
- Send comments, questions, and feedback to email@example.com — or you can record an audio file and email it in!
- Follow Aaron and the show on Twitter!
- Follow Aaron on Instagram!
Music copyright The Walt Disney Company; Disney Music Group, etc., unless otherwise noted. Original content copyright Aaron Wallace. On Main Street with Aaron Wallace is an unofficial fan podcast and is not authorized by, reviewed by, or affiliated with The Walt Disney Company, its affiliates, or subsidiaries. For more information, visit www.aaronwallaceonline.com.
Cover art designed by graphic designer Patrick Westmoreland, based on Aaron’s horribly-drawn original logo from way back in 2005.
“On Main Street” lyrics and musical rhythm by Aaron Wallace. Vocals performed by Nicole Carino. Instrumentation arranged and performed by Carl England. Executive producer Aaron Wallace.
Cover art and theme song are the sole copyright of Aaron Wallace.