Welcome to the Show!
Frequently Asked Questions
I’m New to ZADDP. Where Should I Start?
Not the beginning! Those early episodes are lovingly preserved for posterity, but the quality is pretty rough. Instead, try something a little newer. Here are some fan favorites:
What Is Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Pod?
Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Pod is the web’s longest-running Disney podcast, from the creator of The Thinking Fan’s Guide to Disney book series. It’s dedicated to fun and thoughtful discussion that drives toward the heart of one central question: why do we love Disney?
Get ready for countdowns, trip reports, in-park audio, music montages, Disney history lessons, celebrity interviews, in-depth analysis, and much more.
Host Aaron Wallace is a bestselling author, entertainment writer, and attorney with an interest in pop culture, 1980s/1990s nostalgia, and everything Disney.
How Often Are Episodes Released?
Since the show’s inception more than a decade ago, Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Pod has always operated on a sporadic release schedule. A lot of time, heart, and research goes into episode, and they arrive once “fully baked.” Think of it like a Marvel movie: when you leave the theater, you might not know the sequel’s release date, but you do know one’s coming. Another Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Pod is always brewing.
How Can I Find Out As Soon As a New Episode Is Released?
The best way is to subscribe to the show on iTunes (it’s free!). Your smartphone or computer will automatically download the next episode. It’s also a very good idea to scroll down to the bottom of this page and sign up for the free email newsletter. Finally, keep an eye on Aaron’s Twitter feed and the show’s Facebook page for updates.
How Old Is the Show?
Aaron released the first ZADDP episode back in 2005. He was 19, in a dorm room, using a handheld wire mic, and venturing into the then-brand-new field of podcasting for the first time. iTunes didn’t even carry podcasts in those days! Both the show and its technology have evolved considerably since then, but the audience remains and continues to grow. So does the love for Disney.
Is This More About Walt Disney World, Disneyland, or Disney movies?
It’s equally all of the above (and then some!). “All Things Disney” isn’t just a tagline; it really is the best descriptor for the show.
Does Subscribing Cost Money?
No! Every episode of Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Pod is completely free for listeners. In the podcasting world, “subscribe” simply means using iTunes (or the podcast app of your choice) to sign up for automatic downloads of news episodes as they release. Be sure to refresh your subscription periodically, as podcast apps occasionally stall.
How Can I Support the Show?
There are several easy ways for listeners to support the show:
- Leave a written review in the iTunes Music Store. This encourages iTunes to feature the show to new users.
- Subscribe to the show in the iTunes Music Store. This helps to boost’s the shows ranking (and makes sure you never miss an episode).
- Buy any of Aaron’s books, recommend them to others, or give them as gifts to family and friends.
- If you have a website, blog, or podcast, consider posting a review of Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Pod and/or Aaron’s books.
- Spread the word! Tell your friends about the show! Tweet about it or make a Facebook post! Send first-timers to AaronWallaceOnline.com/welcome
- Donate to ZADDP via PayPal. Your support helps to offset ongoing production costs and empowers the show to invest in future technological upgrades. Donations make it possible to offer free content to all listeners!
Does the Podcast Accept Sponsorships?
For inquiries, please send an email.
Where Can I Find a List of Every Episode?
Each episode of Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Pod is listed in reverse chronological order, complete with detailed show notes, on this site’s podcast blog.